Saturday, April 4, 2009

The stockpile, again

Here's an updated picture of the stockpile. It's still growing, mostly with freebies, of course. Most of my stockpile is toiletries: deodorant, soap, shampoo, styling products, toothpaste, toothbrushes. 

Below is a better picture of (most of) the soap and shampoo. I think I have enough to last us the year.  I hit a killer deal at Walgreens this week on Softsoap, and ended up paying only tax - that's 28 cents a bottle. So I drove around to several stores (because I didn't want to clear the shelves of any one particular store - that's just rude!) and stocked up. I have 35 bottles. I will, of course, be sharing with our parish food pantry. 

Hubby has promised to move some more shelving into the little basement room that houses my stockpile. That will give me more room, and allow me to organize a bit better. I'm excited - it's like having my own little drug store! I have to admit, too, that it's the best-smelling room in the house! 

No comments: