Friday, April 24, 2009

Darth Vader, Fashionista

Since it's now above 75 degrees in our neck of the woods, I pulled out some summer PJs for Joey today, from the garage. I thought he'd like these Darth Vader jammies - but he LOVES them. 

After getting dressed for bed, he realized that he didn't have socks on - he wore sandals all day, but determined that it was just not acceptable to go to bed without socks. I figured that this wasn't the hill I wanted to die on, so I pointed him in the direction of his sock drawer, telling him to pick out a pair. 

There was much wailing and knashing of teeth, as he despaired that he had no BLACK socks. Being the practical mom that I am, I suggested that he wear white socks to bed. 

That was the wrong thing to do apparently. I was informed, via a loud three-year-old wail, 

"Darth Vader wears black socks!" 

(Thankfully, he settled for white socks with navy toes and heels. Whew.) 

No comments: