Monday, June 16, 2008

Gracie


I have to share with you the cutest, most adorable little girl EVER! This is my daughter Grace - isn't she perfect? 

Gracie was born in December, eight days late. Was she worth the wait? I think so! Her brothers adore her, her father loves her, and, being the first girl in the extended family in a loooong time, I know she's going to be spoiled to pieces (especially by Grandma.) 

One of the great pleasures in life is to have a baby. I love her adorable little fat rolls, the cute noises that she makes all day, the smell of her hair, snuggling up to her at night, waking up to her smiling, happy little face in the morning. I'm soaking it all up while it lasts, because I feel that her babyhood is slipping away from me so quickly. She had her first solid food today: mashed bananas. That feels like such a big step. I just wish I could hold on to this day, and that she wouldn't get any bigger. 

No comments: